Date(s) - 10/11/2015 - 11/11/2015
12 h 00 min - 1 h 00 min
• Cop a Squat! Defined as “to sit down, to take a chair.” Join WASH Certificate Students and Center for Global Safe WASH Staff to prepare PSAs for World Toilet Day! November 10th, 11th, and 12th from 12:00-1:00 The Bridge between CNR and GCR. Cop a squat and let the us trace your squat silhouette. Your silhouette will be featured on campus to raise awareness during World Toilet Day! (see attached flyer).
• Stop, drop, and Squat! The CGSW will hold a “BIG SQUAT” photo session to raise awareness of the more than 1 billion people who face the indignity of open defecation, which spreads diseases including cholera, typhoid, hepatitis and diarrhea. Join us for a pants-on photo op (see inserted photo from last year) Monday November 16th from 12:00- 12:15 on the green space between CNR, CGR, and the nursing school. Toilet paper will be provided!
• Expand your mind! Join the CGSW on November 18th (the day before the official UN World Toilet Day) for a lecture & panel discussion with visiting sanitation experts from SWA, WHO, World Bank moderated by Susan Davis, Improve International. Lawrence P and Anne Estes Klamon Room from 3-5. Refreshments will be served and credit to WASH Certificate students will be given. If you have questions please contact Kat Peters: [email protected]
• Chalk advocacy! Gather a bunch of friends and write facts about the importance of basic sanitation and how it can save lives campus on Wednesday November 18th and November 19th. If you are interested please contact Mia Gallegos: [email protected] or Kat Peters: [email protected] for chalk.
• Tweet about it! Do you have something to say related to World Toilet Day? Then “Talk Crap” and tell the world about it on November 18th and November 19th and be sure to use @emoryCGSW, #emoryCGSW #wecantwait, #sanitation, #worldtoiletday2015, and #youcouldbehere. If you don’t have a twitter account but want to join in the conversation email James Michiel: [email protected] he will tweet on your behalf. Remember there are tons of ways (besides Twitter) to “Talk Crap”
with friends and family, colleagues, classmates or neighbors: have a conversation, send an email, send a text, post to Facebook, and raise awareness of the importance of action on sanitation!
• A picture is worth a thousand words! Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram – EmoryCGSW! If you have an amazing toilet picture that you think should be showcased on Instagram, please email Kirsten Fagerli: [email protected]. November 18th and November 19th
• Toilet Selfie! Did you know that more people own a mobile phone than have access to a toilet? Next time you go to the bathroom, think about how lucky you are, and snap a #toiletselfie and post it to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter for World Toilet Day –November 19th – please keep it clean and classy people! Let your friends know they’re lucky that they have access to a toilet and encourage them to join the sanitation movement.
Please reach out to Mia Gallegos, [email protected] or Kat Peters, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to get involved!